CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Does music help work flow?

After the team trip to Turkey, I purchased some new headphones.
I was sick of sitting in the labs hearing only the sound of typing and clicking mice. Not the cheese eating type either.

I found that I was less distracted from what was happening around me and far more focused on the job at hand.

Then I got to thinking, "Does music help work flow?".

I could not decide if it was the music that was helping me work or just that it stopped everything around me from being a ditraction.

Also this had me wondering if the type of music mattered at all.

So today I have experimented with different types. Loud, quiet, fast paced, slow songs, rock, classical even a bit of 80's pop.

I think that it is nicer to have music you enjoy and also, be in the mood to listen to it.

What's everyone else like to listen to when they work?

Would really like to here some comments on this one people.

Till Next Time Cya!

1 comments:

Kitto said...

I find myself easily distracted with music, but I like listening to it while I work. I think I work to the highest standard in the lab, or rather around people and things happening in general.

Those rare times when I'm in 'the zone' are achieved only when I'm in total silence; big headphones with nothing playing. Not being able to hear anything makes my brain fire like crazy.